Sunday, November 29, 2009

RONNIEISMS

THE JAYHAWKS
The Jayhawks football season has ended, just the opposite from how it started at 5 and 0, ending with 0 and 7. Everyone is asking, "what happened?" We had a great returning squad with a great quaterback and two outstanding receivers. Our number one rusher was injured and didn't play but we did well without him. Then all of a sudden, fumbles, interceptions, lousy defense, it created 6 straight losses. Our last game, won by Missouri, could have gone either way. I think the Jayhawks played better but the decisions made on their last possession lost the game. Congratulations to the Tigers, great game and congrats to you too, Bernard. My depression lasted well into the evening but by this morning, after my lox and bagel, it was forgotten.
Now the basketball season takes over my psyche until the March madness ends it all. I'll try again not to miss a game either by radio or TV while trying not to consume an overdose of valium. My body automatically moves with every play. I jump left, right and up in hopes of helping the ball through the basket. That movement is my total exercise regimin along with my strict diet. I actually think I'm addicted to Jayhawks Basketball even though I've never been to a game in Lawrence. Maybe this year I'll accept one of the many invitations I've been turning down.

The team is so overloaded with talent this year that I hope their heads don't become too big for their jocks. Bill Self's coaching of such a talented bunch of young men will face the dual challenge of playing the right starters and making sure that the surrounding players learn from his experience. Rock Chalk Jayhawks....

No comments: