Tuesday, November 3, 2009

RONNIEISMS


Many people say that a son in law is very different than a son.  In fact I was guilty in saying the same thing over 30 years ago. I thought my relationship with my then father in law was that close but was proven wrong. One of my stepsons is celebrating his anniversary today. I can honestly say that I could not love him anymore if he were my own. He, his wife and two beautiful girls are almost the perfect family. By this I mean they do things with their children rather than shuffling them off to sitters or family members. When their children are older their memories of good times will include their parents. I'm sure that if they log onto this blog both he and his wife will be embarrassed by what I have written but I felt good while expressing my love for them both and wishing them the same love my wife and I share. He's calls his Mother just to see how things are going and everyone is feeling and he treats me the way any stepfather would hope to be treated, with respect and love. Congratulations Kathy and Hal. 

No comments: