Thursday, November 5, 2009

RONNIEISMS

For those of you that read my blogs you've probably noticed that I write about family quite a bit. Last Sunday my wife and I had lunch with my Grandson Brad, his wife Tanya, daughter Alicia, my Great Grandson Connor and my son Mike. Connor has grown a little since we last saw him about two months ago. Since they moved to the north side it's become a little harder for them to drop over our place as they did quite often. It's unbelievable how I feel when our four generations get together. I stare at Connor and think about how my Mother, if she was still with us, would try to hug him so tight that he would possibly scream or how my Dad, himself a hunk of a man would hold him while trying to stiffle the tears running down his face.
I remember so well when my Mother came to visit me before I left for Hawaii, with Bradley, Connor's dad, on her lap and couldn't stop smiling as she stared into his eyes rembering out loud how she held Michael when he was born. The memories and thoughts of those that are gone are both sad and happy. Happy that our family continues and the Shapiro name carries on.

On Halloween, Connor wore a costume that when you see it, you cannot help but smile. Unfortunately, one of Connor's great grandparents will not enjoy his dimpled smile, what a loss.
Look at that prominent jaw line, is that Batman or not? The other photo was taken in 1981 in Hawaii with Brad in my arms.

No comments: