Sunday, November 8, 2009

RONNIEISMS

I want to talk about luck. There's bad luck and there is good luck. Bad luck is when the team you bet on loses. Bad luck is when the company you own or work for goes out of business. Bad luck can be when you have four of a kind and get beat with a straight flush, but there is always the bad beat, which in poker is usually good luck. Some people are prone to having bad luck, possibly caused by the little black cloud that floats above them, like the old cartoon character Joe Btifslik. Some people bemoan their bad luck but don't realize that they probably created it themselves.
Good people usually make their own good luck, some by being in the right place at the right time and others when they win the lottery.
The first of my good luck was the birth of my two children. The second and probably the most notable of my lucky streak was when I married Norma. I inherited a great family that added to my own. We have  five wonderful children, eight grandchildren between us, and now a great grandchild, another grandaughter by way of marriage and another great grandchild by that marriage.
My good luck is our family, what more could a person want.

No comments: