Thursday, November 26, 2009

RONNIEISMS

THANKSGIVING
This is a day for us to give thanks for many things, but how do I find a starting point? Naturally, we're all thankfull for our families, for our friends, the weather,and most of all our health. We're also thankfull for Medicare, something at our age we can't be without. Something a little less important in the chain of thanks is Skype, that magical program that opens your computer to a whole new world that allows you to bother your closest friends with your picture while looking at your screen so they can see the top of your head. We have to figure out a way to put the camera smack in the center of the monitor. I shouldn't complain too much since my bald spot isn't as bad as it's going to be. Being able to speak with your friends across the country without paying for a long distance call, that's real progress. Thanks to my family for the love they bestow on Norma and me and for not moving out of the city. We're so thankfull that they all live within a 30 minute drive and save us all that money of flying across the country to see them. I'm thankfull for the sound of hearing my grandkids laughing and screaming (maybe not so much for the screaming) and the little shows they put on for us. I'm thankfull for our children and their spouses (those that have) that all love each other and the playfull banter among them. How lucky I am to have all this. What more can a person want? Happy Thanksgiving to ALL.


No comments: