Sunday, March 7, 2010

RONNIEISMS

WE'RE HOME
We're back, safe and sound after an awesome holiday in Florida hosted by our good friend the former Ms. Cruel, Irene. Talk about a hostess with the mostest, she's it. She is the most giving, careing person, great friend (paid commercial) you could have. She is also the perfect travel planner. She has scouted and plotted every outlet mall, flea market and Bealls store in the state, and we hit them all. I must admit that I'm not into shopping BUT I picked up some great buys. How can you pass up 75% off? One thing I noticed though when unpacking, I must have a liking for orange. I have eight new BRIGHT orange T-shirts along with my other rather bright spring colors.

I drove about 1500 miles during my two week stay driving to the different restaurants she recommended, making a great trip to St. Augustine where we regained our youth at the famous fountain and our day trips. I spent an evening with an old Roosevelt High School buddy Marshall, who lives in Florida. Unfortunately the restaurant we ate at was grossley over priced with just average food. But spending those few hours together was great and I look forward to seeing him again on my next trip, whenever that may be. I also had a chance to speak with probably my oldest friend Harry as I drove through Atlanta. Maybe next time time we can see each other.

The six of us Irene, Milton, Carole, Bernard, Norma and yours truly got along so well that there must be something wrong with us. Have you ever heard of six adults living together for a couple of weeks, not having one argument or even minor disagreements. Well maybe, while playing shanghai or dominoes someone may have raised their voice, but it could have been due to hearing problems.

Even though the weather was not as expected we still had it better than what we left in Kansas City. I had a few great days lying on her patio with my ear plugs listening to music while enjoying the sun or walking on the beach watching the fishermen netting their catches of mackerel, or standing on the balcony watching the schools of sharks swimming not ten feet from shore. It was the kind of vacation you wish you could share with your family and friends. And now we've added four new friends to our family.



Now we're back to reality and back to work. They say that a vacation is a time to recharge your batteries and I believe I've done that. The drive to Singer Island isn't that bad if you can share it with another driver such as Bernard, my MU friend (too bad about losing such a close game). We kid each other quite a bit but he's a good sport in spite of his choice. Would we make the trip again with the same people, you bet we would. When you can laugh and have a good time every day, what more could you ask.                                                                 

No comments: