Thursday, February 25, 2010

RONNIEISMS

I APOLOGIZE
For being in Florida out of the lousy weather that all of my friends and family are experiencing. The weather here has not been perfect as expected but 60 degrees isn't bad. We've had a few days in the 70s and we were able to walk down the beautiful sandy beach with our feet in the mild surf. Do you realize how hard it is to walk on sand? I'm really not complaining because it was the first time in many years that my wife and I could do this together.

We went to St. Augustine for 3 days to shop the discount malls and more of the BEALLS stores. I did my fair share because some of the stores were going out of business and were having 75 off sales and yes, I took advantage as did the others in our party. We met a friend of Irene's one night for dinner in Ponte Vedra Beach and had an absolutely fantastic experience at a restaurant there by the name of AQUA GRILL. The manager Cary Paige and the staff were great. The food was spectacular and the ambience was beautiful. Recommend it with 5 belches.

We also did all the touristy things, even visiting the Fountain of Youth and drinking some of the water, which tasted like it was left over from the 1400s. Didn't notice any immediate changes but when showering I did notice some black hairs that I don't believe were there before, probably just my imagination. We did a lot of walking and heard the history of the oldest European settlement in the United States. It's worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

I know for a fact that the six of us have added considerably to the economy of the area. Returning to the condo we ran into the heaviest rain storm I have ever seen. The Florida turnpike almost came to a complete halt. It was impossible to see ten feet in front of you since it was coming down so hard and fast. We had to slow down from 70 mph to 25 to keep from running up on the car in front of us, but thankfully, we arrived home safe, probably due to the experience of my fabulous driving.

Our group is getting along so well that the trip will be one to remember. All we do is laugh, shop and eat, not necessarily in that order and each night before retiring we have our domino or shanghai game. Isn't that what all old people do before hitting the sack. When we get up in the morning you can hear the Oy Veys throughout the condo.

I'll try to keep you updated on what we're doing but again, I apologize for not being able to share this wonderful experience with you all.



No comments: