Friday, February 19, 2010

RONNIEISMS

I REALLY FEEL BAD
But not that bad. Missing the cold and snow of Kansas City is good for my aching bones. The weather here is nicer than Kansas City but only in the 60s. This weekend it's going into the 70s so it's getting back to near normal for Florida. It seems that all we've been doing is eating, going shopping, playing dominos or shanghai rummy. But mostly, enjoying the beautiful condo of Irene's.  What a great hostess.

I spent part of yesterday sitting out on her patio overlooking the ocean and watching 30 plus boats right in front of the building throwing out their nets and bringing in large amounts of fish. I don't know what kind but they look about 12" average, could be great bait fish. I read my book and soaked up some sun and was in my own zone for a couple of hours. It's not too hard to relax in this setting. I wish everyone could enjoy this peace and solitude.

I've been going down to the building's fitness center each morning and putting in 30 minutes on the bike while reading a book. That half hour really flies by while reading during pedaling. I feel that I can enjoy the food that much more since I'm burning so many calories each morning. The shots I received before leaving town have given quite a bit of relief to my FFA***. It's so great to enjoy a vacation with friends that get along so well and can talk about everything with each other without hurting anyone's feelings, at least, none tthat are here.

We lost our good friend George earlier this week and our thoughts go out to Judy and her family. He suffered way too long and now he has peace. As we all age, the loss of friends is happening too often. We must treasure our times together and celebrate every day that we spend together.

I'll leave you with a photo taken this morning at sunrise. Don't be upset with me for sharing that beautiful moment.

***F........g falling apart.

No comments: