Saturday, February 6, 2010

RONNIEISMS

ENOUGH ALREADY
I'm talking about snow. Yesterday it started out slow and continued throughout the day. It was beautiful to watch. Soft flakes floating lazily to the ground covering the grass and sidewalks but luckily not the streets. It was above freezing so ice would not be a problem. I think we ended up with over six inches by nightfall but it kept us inside for the evening playing dominoes for about five plus hours. We'll be leaving shortly to vacation in Florida with Ms. Cruel and a few of our friends so we're watching the snowfall in anticipation of our upcoming trip south.

It's really nice that our friend likes company and is willing to share her space for a few weeks. I know that she receives a small stipend from the malls in the area for all the people she brings for shopping. The outlet malls, I hear, pay large commissions for sending customers their way. In rain hats alone the payments have to be handled by Brinks. You've heard of the Singer Island Sharks, it's not a basketball team, it's really the shuttle that travels the outlet mall route.

Next week five more shoppers will land in Florida to do their share of boosting the economy in the area. In the past I've always thought that tourism was the biggest earner in the state. Not so, when these ladies span out across mall land the sound you hear will be of cards sliding through credit card machines. The store I pity the most is Chico's. I actually believe that their merchandise is worn for a few days and then returned, what a great store. They should open an outlet, probably already have one, for those slightly used items that may have been worn only once. Too bad there is not a men's store that operates the same as Chico's. Just think, you can wear new clothes every week without actually spending any money.

Looking out my window, I'm enjoying the snow covered ground and picturing the green grass growing beneath. There is probably enough moisture in the ground to last the rest of the year. I have to get back to work watching three basketball games today. I call it work because it's my only form of exercise, jumping up and down on every alley oop or three pointer. Stay well, smell the flowers and enjoy all around you.

No comments: