Friday, February 12, 2010

RONNIEISMS

TALK ABOUT LONESOME!
My honey has only been gone a couple of days and I'm already an old lonely soul. She's enjoying herself with five of her friends in Florida playing a lot of Pan and unstoppable shopping. I'll be joining her next week when  some of the girls will be returning home and we'll spend the next couple of weeks enjoying the hospitality of the former Ms. Cruel, who no longer owns that title. Our friend Irene opens up her beautiful Florida home to family and friends for all of us to enjoy. A very big thank you.

I'm driving down with two other gentlemen and should be there in a couple of days providing we don't run into inclement weather. If we do, we'll try to take another route. I hope the weather is better than we've experienced over the past month with temperatures extremely cold and way too much snow. Anything warmer than 45 degrees will be acceptable.

This afternoon my friends have invited me to join them at a ROMEOS luncheon which is always very interesting. For those of you that don't recognize the name it means "Retired old mens eating organization", I believe. It's truly an amazing group that averages over 75 in attendance every Friday. I'm hoping that in the near future I'll be able to do a presentation of my memoir, MAKING HAPPY. Sales have been steady but slowing down a bit, at least I exceeded my breakeven point.

It's really funny, but many nights my wife does her internet scrabble while I watch sports on TV and the only conversation is when one of us gets up and asks the other "What can I get you" or "are you ready for bed?" So last night, not to break with tradition. I asked her chair, "Can I bring you anything?" and I'll be damned if the chair didn't answer, "Can't you see I'm not being used, you lonely old man." Maybe it's just the Valentine weekend but I truly can say, "I miss her being here." Her being gone has taught me one thing. It's OK to talk to yourself, but to a chair?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny (and interesting) 'reflections' FFIL!

Hope you had a good time at the ROMEOs confab earlier this afternoon. Enjoy your trip to & from Florida - I'm sure it will be a joyful and interesting one. Avez un bon voyage! (Have a good trip!)

Au revoir!