Saturday, March 20, 2010

RONNIEISMS

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CRAP?
I'm talking about the first day of spring. We woke up to 3" of snow! If this is happening now we'll probably have tornado sirens going off everyday for the next month or so.

The only thing on my mind now is March Madness and my bracket which so far also looks like crap, but so does everyone's. We all still have KU in the finals so every one of their games is important. I'm also cheering for K-State and MU and hope that both go as far as they can, it's great for the Big 12.

My friend Bernard, Mr. Perfectionist, has put together a great spreadsheet for our group, job well done. This past week at our Tuesday morning Smart Mens Breakfast, Sam Gould our local baseball expert, spoke about his experience at the stadium in the early years and his life loving the game and all the personalities he met during those exciting years. I shared seats in the same area on third base with him for many years at Kaufman Stadium.

My grandson Brad and his family are in Chicago and had dinner with my sister and her husband Tom. I wish that the whole family, what's left of us, could get to see them and squeeze my Great Grandson Connor with an Elkin Family hug .None of the Chicago clan have met Brad, his wife Tanya or their daughter Alycia, maybe some day.

Hopefully the snow will be gone by Monday. The street crews have done a great job, they're to be commended. Traffic is moving smoothley and I haven't heard of any major accidents.

I worked out for about an hour this morning and it was actually invigorating walking through the ice and snow with a slight wind in my face as I returned to our apartment. I was still sweating slightly so the cold air felt good. Reminded me of my youth when I had to walk 4 miles to school with snow over my head. Oh, such wonderful memories.

I'm sure our friend in Singer Island really feels bad for us. Enjoy it while you can. Until next time, stay well.

No comments: