Saturday, April 10, 2010

RONNIEISMS

THE EN-TIRE STORY
This is a story about what goes around, comes around or however the saying goes. It all started after my return from our Florida trip. We had driven a total of 4500 miles including our roundtrip and the trips we took while on our vacation. Everything went well until we returned to Overland Park. You've heard of Overland Park, the city featured on the Showtime series THE UNITED STATES OF TARA, which I'm proud to say, my niece Jill is the Executive Producer.

Anyway, back to my story. I use my van daily for making deliveries to my RAPID PEDDLER customers so I drive quite a few miles on a weekly basis. I had noticed recently after exiting my vehicle that my shoulders and hands were unusually sore as if I had been lifting weights. I thought it was probably from some of the many medications I took on a daily basis that had all of those warnings of after effects that could happen when using. For example I just saw one on TV that said "if you're experiencing chest pains or have recently died because of this medication please call this law firm."

I'm rambling now so back to the En-Tire story. As you've probably already surmised, my front tires were wearing out and I hadn't noticed until someone pointed out that one was lower than the other. I went to many tire dealers looking for a good deal and never found quite the right deal. I tried COSTCO and they actually gave me a pretty good deal if I would purchase 4 tires. I agreed and told them to go ahead. But, they were not in stock and would not be available for at least eight weeks. After checking around with his sources he called to tell me that they are being discontinued. It reminded me of the times when I was in the Automotive business when I would tell a customer what an item would cost and they would say " But your competition is 20% less but they're out of it." I would usually answer with my pat answer " When I'm out of it I'm 40% cheaper."

After calling and visiting all the so called wholesale Tire Dealers I remembered my old friend George Shore of SHORE TIRE in Lenexa. George has long retired but his son Chris is running the show. I spoke to Chris and explained my old relationship with his Dad and told him what I needed. Within 5 minutes we had a deal on a couple of HANKOOK tires. The price he quoted included everything including sales tax, which is unusual unless you ask. Now my little red van rides like a new car and my daily workout on my arms is no more. So, if any of my loyal readers, all three of you, ever need tires, give Chris a call at SHORE TIRES in Lenexa. They have an inventory like none you've ever seen and you can bet they've got just the tire you're looking for. This has been an unpaid commercial. Till next time have a nice day.

No comments: