Friday, April 23, 2010

THE PAN GROUP

I came in the door and heard this loud chatter and laughter and I knew it was the Friday pan group, or at least most of them. A few were absent due to a partners health. It's so wonderful to hear the laughter. As you know, if you've read some of my previous blogs, laughter is very important to me. My edict from the one above (I don't mean the people on the second floor) is to make people smile every day of my life. It wasn't anything I said that created the laughter but usually some one says something and the giggles start.
I believe that laughter adds a few years to your life so when the occasion calls for it, laugh it up. I also believe that the togetherness means a lot to a few of the players that have lost their spouses and this group considers each other more than just friends. I've heard that the game was invented by prostitutes as they sat around waiting for clients.
Now Mahjong must be a more serious game, the laughter is slightly subdued. I'm not saying that those of you that play the game don't have a sense of humor, I know you do. You laugh at all of my corny jokes. Keep it up ladies, keep laughing even when you don't quite feel like it. I don't know how the tiles got their names of crack, bam, flower, etc. but it must be something sexual.

No comments: