Sunday, January 10, 2010

RONNIEISMS

HOGS HEAVEN
I have no idea where that expression started but I believe it means, "it can't be any better than this" or something similar.

I had one of those days yesterday. I'd been a shutin for most of the week due to a bad cold that I spoke about in a previous blog but because of my nurse, her chicken soup and a "Z" pack, I think I beat it. But, back to yesterday. While my wife left to do some shopping I was confined to my leather recliner and forced to watch a Missouri-K State basketball game.


 I actually was looking forward to it since the Jayhawks don't play until today. I was cheering for Missouri because of my friend Bernard who is a devout fan and I figured needed my help since K State was the favorite. It was literally a battle with inferior referees, that made too many wrong calls and not enough right ones. In the end Missouri won a tough battle.

After that I watched two NFL playoff games and lost both in my group selections. I sure know how to pick em. By last night I had had it. Too much of a good thing in one day. Eight hours of watching sports is just about my limit. After peeling myself from the recliner I found it hard to stand, maybe it was too long in one position. I was tired, I had worked very hard cheering for my respective teams but somebody had to do it. Many people think that watching sports all day is easy, it's not. It takes years of practise to concentrate and correct all the wrong calls the officials make.


Today however, I'm going to take it a little easier. I'll watch the first NFL game but at 3:30 my Jayhawks are on national tv. The second NFL game is on at the same time but it will be relagated to the PIP channel, only to be seen during commercial breaks. Another tough day, but I deserve it, I've been sick.

No comments: