Thursday, January 7, 2010

RONNIEISMS

SURE, RUB IT IN!
One of our closest friends that we keep in contact with on a daily basis has become overtly cruel. Let me try to explain. It's called SKYPE, something that many of us use to keep in touch with each other over the internet. It's a great invention EXCEPT when some people take advantage of others by moving the camera outside their window to show the beautiful ocean and sunny skies. I ask you, is that not a cruel human being. Here we are in the midwest suffering with snow and sub zero temperatures and she flaunts her location. I can hear her HA! HA! HA! as she SKYPES us all. What possess' a person to be so cruel?  We'll get even with her next month when we all gang up on her and take over her condo.

As the news reports have shown, our KC area has been belted with more snow and cold weather than I can remember in recent times. It's almost as bad as it was when I was growing up in Chicago and had to walk 8 blocks to school through snow that was taller than me. I'm sure that many of you remember those early storms and I'm also sure that your snow was higher. I've been under the weather and under the covers most of the week due to a cold that one of you gave me, what other explanation can there be? You know who you are, don't try to hide. It may have been passed to me as a virus from Ms. Cruel in Florida. No, no one would send a virus that bad.

This bad weather also caused the cancellation of our Wednesday night dinners which has never happened before, well maybe a few other times but the first time by the weather. My wife who has nursed me through the last week made a pot of chicken soup for me and even threw in a few kreplach, I honestly believe it's what has caused my cold to break or maybe it was the KU game last night that had my heart pumping that chased the cold from my body. Hopefully, today will be the last day I'm confined to the indoors, I can't wait to get out, frolic in the snow and send the photos to our friend Ms. Cruel so she can see what she's missing.

No comments: