Wednesday, October 7, 2009

RONNIEISMS

A LITTLE SOMETHING I WROTE EARLIER THIS YEAR.
DEFINITION OF LOVE!
To love someone more than you think is humanly impossible is something that I experience on a daily basis. For twenty five years my wife and I share that feeling of love that I thought I would never find. From our first day together until the present my love for her has grown so much that I cannot comprehend it getting any better, but it does. I feel that we’ve been together all my adult life not just these 25 years.


We’ve had hard times but it seems to draw us closer together, to keep a balance of what love means. When I’m down, she picks me up. When I hurt physically and emotionally she heals me. When she hurts, I hurt. I refuse to let her suffer by herself; I want to share her pain. When she cries, I try to dry her tears with a smile rather than a tissue. My commitment to her is a smile a day and my unfailing and unfaltering love without any restrictions.


To love someone as I do her is my goal in life. To keep her happy is a chore that I cherish. Have you ever felt like hugging someone so tight that you bring him or her into your being? That you become one. That you cannot go on without that person in your life. Feeling the heat of her body next to mine as we sleep and the simple touch of a hand or foot as we cuddle as we tell each other that I love you more, every night, and it never gets old.


As we grow old together and our years go bye in the blink of an eye we enjoy the second, third and now the fourth generation of our family and wonder as to where our yesterdays have gone and what our tomorrows will bring. Whatever our future holds will be ours, no matter what.

I end this definition of love, as I believe it because I love her more.
Ron

This was originally written for our 20th anniversary. I’ve changed a few numbers but my feelings have not changed other than being much stronger than ever.


No comments: