Sunday, May 9, 2010

I THINK TODAY'S MOVIES ARE TOO LOUD

The other night we went to see IRON MAN 2. Talk about loud, the decibles of that film were set high enough for dogs to pick up 5 miles away. I appreciate the music that makes a movie flow and in some films with explosions and gunshots they are louder to emphasize the action taking place but this movie was always way too loud. First of all, don't go see it if you're not sure of what it is. It's a comic book made into a film, nothing more. Don't expect to walk away after seeing it with some hidden message about world peace which probably (unfortunately) will never happen in our lifetime.

I love action, mystery and musicals. Yes, musicals. I still cry whenever I watch AUGUST RUSH, one of the best on my list. MAMA MIA is a close second, couldn't stop tapping my feet through the whole thing, both the play and the movie. When I play it in my car, I find my fingers tapping on the steering wheel as I sing along. I'm sure those drivers that pull along side me think I'm some kind of nut. YENTYL was another of my favorites and when BARBRA sang PAPA, it hit home and again the tears happened. I must be a real softy, but at least it keeps the eyes from drying out.

Some of my friends that join us at the movies never complain about the sound because they just turn down their hearing aids and think everything is normal. The problem comes after the film when we try to have a conversation and have to repeat everything we say. I really shouldn't complain, IRON MAN 2 was made for a younger crowd and they don't know from loud. Whenever you're next to a car with a youngster driving, their car will actually shake from the sound vibrations within.

Yes, I'm older now but still a movie and TV buff. I believe I enjoy those forms of entertainment to close out the troubles of the world, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

Today is Mother's Day and my sister wrote a long distance letter to our deceased Mother. It follows the letter she wrote last year to our Dad, also deceased. She's a very clever writer and I'm going to try and put a link here so some of you can read it. To all of you Mothers, Happy Day.

http://www.nevertoooldtotalktech.blogspot.com/

No comments: