Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ONE MINUTE THEY'RE HERE, THE NEXT, THEY'RE GONE

I'm speaking about Bonnie and Burtsky, our friends that moved to that ugly western city on the muddy ocean called San Diego, Yuk, who would want to live there? I guess that once you become a yuppie you look for sun and water and there you are. They believe they're living in Paradise. Maybe they're right.

When it gets too hot, they head for the beach. I mean the view has got to be wonderful. Blue ocean, clean bright sand and an occasional bikini view, but who's watching. Burtsky is an avid cyclist and the trails he rides on have to be absolutely beautiful. Great scenery, overlooking the ocean, unbeatable weather, probably averaging lower 80s, and once in awhile a bikini rider.

Their time here in KC was too short but at least we had a chance to spend a few hours together. The girls all went shopping yesterday and because my wife left her USA (United Shoppers of America) shirt at home, she made NO  purchases. I wonder if she's OK. All this exercise might be going to her head.

We miss the Burtskys, they were a major part of our group that laughs a lot and had good times together. Come to think about it, I think we're laughing more and having better times since they left, they know I'm just kidding, or am I?

When my wife and I were in LA for a family Bar Mitzvah they drove up and spent some time with us, which was very nice but they're so boring, we couldn't wait until they left.

Most of this of course is tongue and cheek, we really do miss them and envy their weather situation. Our friendship will remain strong, helped by the internet and Skype and I guess every once in awhile one of us will visit the other, of course we have to be invited.

No comments: